Merenranta is a little village of a dozen small huts and a small port. Thanks to the profitable timber trade, the viallge is prospering, and attracts a lot of colonists from the old world. It thus suffers from being packed and lawless. Being situated in a marsh and confined by thick woods doesn’t help the enlargment of the village either.
The main port to get to Merenranta is situated in Elesett a booming town in the old world, controlled by a powerful family of noblemice. At the moment the nobles are engaged with affairs in the old world, but if an opportunity for profit arises the situation will change rapidly.
- Type: Village
- Name: Merenranta (Seaside)
- Terrain: marsh
- Defences: militia – there are able-bodied mice with worn weapons
ready to be called, but no standing force.
- Population: growing – more mice than there are buildings.
- Prosperity: wealthy – Any mundane item can be found for sale. Most kinds of
skilled labourers are available, but demand is high for their time.
- Tags: Resource (timber), Oath (old world), Trade (timber), Lawless, Major Port
- Strength: on a major trade route
- Weakness: absorbes most mice from the old world
Dangerous quest: In winter the port may freeze over. We need to find a suitable food supply until then or the villagers will starve.
✔ Dangerous quest: Our understanding of the surroundings is poor. We should explore it systematically. The patrons in the old world will surely reward us if we send them a finely crafted map. Progress: X X X X X X X X _ Progress Move: 4,6. Vow Fullfilled. Prosperity goes from moderate -> wealthy.
✔ Troublesome quest: We found
jewels all kinds of ores, but no jewels, in the mountains nearby. We should construct a mine and make a trail between the mine and the village. Progress: X X X X X X X X X X
✔ Troublesome quest Slay the owl. Spring 1493
✔ Troublesome vow Lost caravan. Spring 1493